Axiom EMI Ltd. is a market intelligence start-up focused on the global offshore energy markets. We have developed an integrated analytics and geospatial service that quantifies the offshore energy markets while helping our clients to navigate the energy transition.
Our service integrates the traditional O&G space with offshore renewables, hydrogen and carbon capture projects. This enables our clients to interrogate the entire offshore energy space from a single, online source.
Our goal is to provide a flexible, single-source market intelligence solution for the offshore energy transition.
For more information, please visit our website: https://axiomemi.com/project-analytics/
We are looking for a junior Full Stack Software Engineer to join a team of market analysts. You will be the 4th employee of a market intelligence start-up, making you an integral part of the company and our future direction. This is an opportunity to innovate and create solutions in an industry that is undergoing a rapid transformation, transitioning from fossil fuels to renewables.
You will bring a completely different skill set to our team and you will own the end-to-end development of internal and client applications. You will be mostly working on greenfield projects, based on our existing MVP build with .Net, NodeJS & React.
As our first engineer on board, we’ll look up to you to introduce best-practice for software development processes such as testing & CI/CD. As an individual, you should be curious, pragmatic, a creative problem solver, a clear communicator and passionate about delivering products that are impactful and meaningful.
You will be working closely with the founders and contribute to the technical strategy and direction of the company’s products.
The team is currently based in Oxted, but we have adopted a flexible working model.
You’ll work closely with a team of analysts in the energy space and you will lead the development of key components for our back-end & front-end applications (both internal and client-side)
· Hands-on development of our back-end and data entry functions
· Hands-on development of our market analytics products
· ‘Greenfield’ development of our geospatial analytics application based on React
· Creating innovative and user-friendly interfaces
· Support the analysts on ad-hoc projects (mostly SQL-related queries on data needed)
Experience & Technologies
Ideally, we are looking for someone with 2 years working experience with the following technologies:
· PostgreSQL or MySQL
· SQL database design, back-end & front-end design
· React (or some exposure to it, with the ability to learn fast)
· Node.js (or some exposure to it, with the ability to learn fast)
· Microsoft Azure cloud hosting and deployment experience (or equivalents: AWS/GCP)
· CSS and HTML
· Self-starter and quick learner
· Technical aptitude and attention to detail
· Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to investigate and provide solutions to arising issues
· Ability to define realistic schedules and deliver on time
· A passion for quality
What We Can Offer You
· Remote working – 1 day in office (based in Oxted) per week
· Company performance related annual bonus
· 25 days holiday
· The opportunity to work towards partnership and progress rapidly in terms of experience and salary